Thursday, March 26, 2009

IKEA - Green is the way to go

If a furniture store can be so eco-friendly, I am sure many other businesses can do the same.

I am really impressed with the new Ikea, going more green..at least locally, customers are required to bring their own shopping bags or they can buy a recycled paper bag or a biodegradable plastic bag to carry their purchases.

And earlier, I mentioned they have install free charging stations for the electric scooters that they were just brought and launched here.

In addition, they have also started to sell solar power lights although I don't think they are available locally yet but going green is really their new direction.

I would definitely buy them when they become available for sale here and in addition, I would really like to see them selling furniture made from recycled wood, bamboo, cork made products as well as more solar powered electrical items. If so, they will definitely have me as their customer for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment