Thursday, March 26, 2009

Electric Scooter

If I have a license to ride a bike I would seriously consider buying this scooter. It runs on electricity and is finally launch here in our sunny island.

You may think charging by electricity doesn't make much sense but it is predicted to cost you just $60 a year of electricity to keep this bike running. Cool isn't it?. The electric scooter costs only S$ 0.70 per 100 km to run, compared to about S$ 7.00 per 100 km for conventional petrol powered scooters which can result to savings of up to S$ 1,300 a year. 7 body colors are available for your selection so it should be able to fulfil everyone's requirements.

Best of all you just need to charge 3-5 hours to power it up and Ikea has set up 2 free charging stations in their 2 outlets here so you basically can pump up for free and to me, it is just electricity which if I really want, I will generate from solar power...so it will all be free. By the way, why is it green? Because it doesn't have any exhaust! Say YES to no pollution.

I would love for them to launch the car equivalent although I am sure it will take a longer time to charge but hey environmentally friendly, quiet, cheap and colorful, what else can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment