Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tully

I had the chance to had coffee at Tully over 2 consecutive day.

Day 1 : Feeling kinda of cool because guess what? Their paper cups are 100% compostable...so they say...even their cup sleeve. Test the cashier on how long does it take for the cup to compose....after err err ahh ahh for a while, she said "a few days, won't be overnight" right..so i counter question "i know a few days, what i want to know is how many days?"...she gave me a blank look..oh whatever

Day 2 : Went in to grab a cup of chai tea latte...ask the cashier (not the same one as yesterday), "how do you dispose your paper cups if customers consume them in the cafe?"...no answer, so i gave her a hint "you throw them in with the garbage?" gal's face lit up and say "yes", probably thinking I give her a way out...but I rebuked and say "if you put that your cup is 100% compostable, why aren't you composting your cups and cup sleeves?" she stick her tongue out..as in guilty not angry at me.

Anyway I wash mine and brought it home, will try a miniature compost after CNY.

And here's a picture to show you what a load of crap it is...the green message that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment