Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CBTL

As I was preparing to write this entry, I kinda think it is inappropriate to use CBTL (can be translated to vulgar language) but heck lah, it is better than using their full name.

So CBTL is a coffee chain, not me cursing in a vulgar way. I patronize this place real often...I shudder to think of how much money I have spent on their lattes and coffee.

As the story goes, why are they worth this entry? The reason is I got piss with them. Cos when I was buying a cup of latte from them yesterday (sorry, in their wax paper cup rather than my own mug) I asked them a crucial question "Do you give discounts to customers who bring their own cup/mug?". The cashier looked at me, albeit a guilty face, "No, sorry, we don't". I said "Not even if they buy the mug from your own brand?" No was the answer in case you want to know.

What the heck? Now I know why nobody wants to bring their own cup/mug since it makes no difference. And a shoutout to the coffee chains, if a 50 cents discount so unaffordable to your business? And just a suggestion, even if you don't give a discount, you can upsize the customers based on their mug size. Duh.

I am already thinking of boycotting them after I finish using all the points I have in my stored value card. But first, I need to wean myself off their Moroccan Mint Lattes.

For those who think I am petty, let me just tell you one thing (in case, you are wondering why this entry is in this blog). The paper cups used by coffee chains or any other coffee place are not recycleable. Why is that so? The waxed used to ensure that the paper cup is waterproof also make it unrecycleable. There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment