Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fruit Flies

I have been putting up with some flies that existed in our bathroom and was quite surprised when my friend told me they were fruit flies. I have no idea why they are hanging out in the toilet rather than around fruits.

So I was searching on the internet and found a green and simple recipe that traps fruit flies. The whole solution is so simple, a cup of apple cider vinegar (apparently fruit flies are attracted to the smell although it will kind of make your own bathroom smell sourly) and 2 drops of dishwashing detergent. Simple right?

I placed the solution in a plastic bottle which I planned to throw out after use. It looks like pee I know! And just a mere couple of hours, it has already trapped like 3 flies in it, I am waiting to see more results but happy with them for the time being. What a quick green fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment