Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Homemade toothpaste

I bought a box of baking soda recently because I was keen to use it as a fabric softener but as we still have those traditional non-eco-friendly type around, I was basically keeping it but I was worried that it will dampen and clump together.

So that day, I actually use it to make my own toothpaste or rather tooth powder because I make the dry version rather than the wet version.

It was very simple, I used 1/2 cup of the baking sode and 10 drops of essential oil, I used pure tea tree oil which I happened to have.

I just have to wet my toothbrush and dip into this powder and I can brush my teeth. The thing however is it doesn't produce foam unlike normal toothpaste and there's where you are protecting yourself because sodium lauryel sulfate which can be found in toothpaste, shampoo, etc etc to create a lather can actually cause skin irritation, sores or ulcers.

And the good news is since I have been using it, my teeth has been very clean, it doesn't leave any residue on the surface of my tooth and my tooth is whiter versus me using a whitening toothpaste.

Simple and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment