Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grand Central Terminal

When I was in New York with my parents in Sept 07, I made it a point to walk from the Empire State Building to the Grand Central Terminl because I heard how beautiful it was inside and it really didn't disappoint me.

For those not familiar with Manhattan, let me tell you, we walked from 33rd st all the way to 42nd st and back because we have to come back to the meeting point where our tour bus was waiting. And we were happy we went and also passed by the UN Buidling where we snapped some photos as well because in the end due to an UN meeting, the tour bus did not stop at the UN Building and we merely drove passed the Grand Central Terminal only.

Put it this way, I love Manhattan.

But I digress, what I want to share today is an article about Grand Central Terminal going green.

End of last month, all incandescent bulbs in Grand Central Terminal were replaced with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs), by switching the roughly 4000 bulbs in the Terminal, it will save an estimated $200,000 a year. Wow...

Picture from NY Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment