Sunday, June 21, 2009

Driver Farmers

I love eating potatoes, steam, fried, chips, etc..anyway they are cooked, I love eating them.

For those of you who drive, do you know that you can grow potatoes in a tire?

Here goes (courtesy of Planet Green) :

How to Grow Potatoes in a Tire
- To start, you'll need an old tire. Cut the sidewall off of the part of the tire that will be facing up. - That way, you don't have to worry about empty spots in the inner tire.
- Next, you'll want to dig a small hole about six inches below where the tire will sit. Fill that hole with rocks and/or gravel to make a little room for drainage.
- Fill the tire up with a mixture of soil and compost.
- Add two or three seed potatoes eye-side up to each tire.
- Water the potatoes appropriately. As the potato plants start to grow, you'll want to throw another tire on the first then add more soil. Make sure that the potato plant is always poking through the top of the soil.
- You can harvest over 20 pounds of potatoes per stack.

I don't drive, I take public transport but if anyone out there wants to donate their old tyres to me for growing potatoes, I welcome it! I think these benefits Chinese like me, we eat potatoes leaves as well so by doing this one act, you get to eat 2 different kind of food.

For those who still thinks this defy the way you are used to, just go do a search on the internet, you will see many who tried this and ended up with the healthiest and tastiest potatoes they have ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment