Thursday, April 23, 2009

Torchlights

I once bought a LED torchlight at Discovery Channel store and the shop assistant told me that if I wind it up, it will always have power and I wonder if I did it wrongly but it so failed me. Once in a while, I try to wind it but all it gives me is 2 secs of light and out it goes. Crap.

So imagine my happiness when I see these solar powered torchlights, this will really allow you to go camping at ease, knowing that if you clip your torchlight just next to your backpack during the day, you can have all the lights you want in the night. That's so reassuring and cool.

The torchlights call Earthtorch, once place in direct sunlight for 8 hours and it will hold a charge for 45 days. A 6 hour charge will give you 8 hours of light. No batteries to change and no shaking involved. The 10 LED lights in the 10″ model have light penetration of 70 meters and can be seen 2 miles away. The solar cell is estimated to last 20 years, the nickel cadmium storage cell lasts 500 charges, and the LED bulbs will shine a lengthy 100,000 hours. The solar panel is in the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment